Physics is a study of basic laws of nature and their manifestation in different natural phenomena. Physics is the study of physical world and matter and its motion through space and time, along with related concepts such as energy and force.
- Word Physics is derived from a Greek word phusikḗmeaning nature.
- Two principal types of approaches in Physics are:
- Unification: This approach considers all of the world’s phenomena as a collection of universal laws in different domains and conditions. Example, law of gravitation applies both to a falling apple from a tree as well as motion of planets around the sun. Electromagnetism laws govern all electric and magnetic phenomena.
- Reduction: This approach is to derive properties of complex systems from the properties and interaction of its constituent parts. Example, temperature studied under thermodynamics is also related to average kinetic energy of molecules in a system (kinetic theory).
Impactand uses of Physics
- It can explain a phenomena happening over a large magnitude with a simple theory.
- Experiments and observations are used to develop new theories for unidentified phenomena and improve old theories for existing phenomena.
- Development of devices using laws of physics.