- Noise pollution is undesired high level of sound.
Effects of noise pollution
- Psychological and physiological disorders in humans.
- High sound level, 150 dB or moredamage ear drums thus permanently impairing hearing ability..
- Chronic exposure to a relatively lower noise level permanently damage hearing abilities of humans.
- Causes sleeplessness, increased heart beating, altered breathing pattern.
Causes of noise pollution
- Burning of crackers.
- Transportation system.
- Air craft and rail traffic.
Control of air pollution
- Use of sound absorbent materials or by muffling noise.
- Making horn-free zones around hospitals and schools
- Using permissible sound-levels of crackers and of loudspeakers
- Laying down timings after which loudspeakers cannot be played.
Fig. noise pollution